Dark Square Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Improvements were thinking about making

DarkMaster
    DarkMaster
    Admin

Improvements were thinking about making Empty Improvements were thinking about making

Post  DarkMaster Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:27 am

Menus:
    -Better Quest Select Screen

In-game:
    -More Link animations
    -Smaller Text Box
    -Higher Resolution
    -Sub screen (Items, Status)

Settings:
    -Sound Controls
    ClassicGamer

Improvements were thinking about making Empty improvements step 1

Post  ClassicGamer Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:36 pm

I agree on most things right away...
    Who wouldn't agree on more Link animations?

Quest select screen?
    I believe I haven't seen that yet. What does it do?
    What can you select or choose there?

Sub screen:
    I haven't seen yours yet, but if it's just as basic as the real ALttP subscreen (black bg plus some colored borders), then we should give it a fresh look somehow.

How far do you want to go on resolution?
    I butt you want to keep certain things already done...
    You don't want to remake everything on a slightly higher res.

PS
    I thought playing a Gameboy Zelda on a Super (Gameboy addaptor for) Nintendo, was very acceptable.
    I sometimes play old roms on my PC since my console broke down, playing a NES or a SNES rom on a 1024x768 pixel resolution on my 5-year old PC, seems very accepable too.
    The NES games didn't look that great anyway and after many years it's not a big dissapointment on graphics. SNES games simply look good this way. I also played Link's Awakening from the butt Gameboy in a 400% mode, (with a black border around). I could live with that too.
    Jareddude123
    Jareddude123

Improvements were thinking about making Empty Re: Improvements were thinking about making

Post  Jareddude123 Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 am

I haven't tried it out yet, but I think that oyu should make his hat normal, like the triangle intead of ALttP's Link hat shape.
    ClassicGamer

Improvements were thinking about making Empty Re: Improvements were thinking about making

Post  ClassicGamer Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:51 pm

What normal hat? The Minish Cap ain't no normal hat I guess.
    From which Zelda game?

Do you mean Link from the handhelds? The cartoonish one?

This is definately this Links own hat from that time. They just failed to keep it in the newer games with low poly count.
    DarkMaster
    DarkMaster
    Admin

Post  DarkMaster Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:07 am

I am using the LTTP sprites and making them as I must have them (in the same style so unnoticeable). So I have to leave the hat alone. Maby that talking hat can be an Item, like an upgrade to the tunic
    Jareddude123
    Jareddude123

Post  Jareddude123 Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:17 am

Yeah, like the one from MC, but not the Ezlo part. Just the part when you see him normally, standing in the 4 directions.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 pm