Dark Square Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Arkatox
DarkMaster
6 posters

Story Details

DarkMaster
    DarkMaster
    Admin

Story Details Empty Story Details

Post  DarkMaster Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:21 am

The Players are Link.
    It will take place anywhere that can be made using LTTP Graphics.

There will be multiple Chapters each with a Quest to the Dungeon and a Dungeon in which there will be a new item.
    Arkatox

Story Details Empty Re: Story Details

Post  Arkatox Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:25 am

So, like, will there only be one player in the world, or will it be like an MMOPRG?
    Jon

Post  Jon Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:04 pm

Well, a MMORPG would be an amazing idea, given that it's done well. There would be a couple problems, though. There would have to be multiple servers, or overcrowding could occur. Imagine if, say, Runescape, only had one server. Now, that would be hell.

Before getting on the topic of a story, what about the antagonist? Should they be an already existing enemy, or should a new one be made up? If a new one, someone would have to sprite them. I have a friend whom is a decent spriter, though I'm unsure if he could do LttP style.

But, yes, before a basic plot could be set out, who would the main enemy be?
    ZF83

Post  ZF83 Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:53 pm

I think we should create a new antagonist for this game. I recently read a fanfic that had a really cool idea for an antagonist. In the story she was called 'The Mistress of Four' and the character was basically the antithesis of the goddesses of the Triforce. It was really freaky watching this character turn wisdom to folly, power to weakness, and courage to cowardice.

I'm not saying we should plagiarize this idea, but if we could come up with our own version of this idea I think it would make a great antagonist.

Here's the link to the story if anyone is interested in seeing what I'm talking about.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4525378/1/S
    ClassicGamer

Story Details Empty Basic story: targets

Post  ClassicGamer Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:02 pm

So we play Link, right?
    Does this mean we will try to create an almost real Zelda game?
    Like, people wouldn't notice it would be an unofficial game?

Except for the warning showed right before the title screen, where we declare that this is not an official Nintendo game, but merely a fan quest... We are honest people aren't we?

If we want to make this game feel, look and play like a true Zelda game, we have to keep certain things in the game. I'm not quite sure what exactly make a Zelda game, but it has some reconizable things coming back from time to time. I do like the sound of keeping the - dungeon, item, boss - routine

I'll make another tread for this, to discuss things we should keep or lose in this quest. In the meantime... keep those thoughts on stories and bad guys coming.
    Labrynian Rebel

Post  Labrynian Rebel Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 pm

I think, so we don't interfere with other zelda games or new ones, we should place the game in Termina, like 500 years later.

There is a legend, that long ago a demon fell from the heavens and threatened to consume the entire world, but then a boy clad in green appeared and battled the demon on the eve of the Carnival of Time. The people of the land fled to the four corners of the world as the hero commanded four giants to hold the demon in place for the final blow. From that day onwards we have commemerated this deed at the Carnival to show our eternal gratitude to this Hero of Time.

I know it's a rip-off of Wind Waker's opening, but this gives us an excuse for the hero(s) to be dressed in green (it's a common costume at the Carnival of Time) and like I mentioned we have 100% liberty in crafting the world of Termina into whatever shape and design we want since Nintendo will never touch it again.

Last edited by Labrynian Rebel on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : slight addition)
    DarkMaster
    DarkMaster
    Admin

Post  DarkMaster Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:40 am

great idea, your right we do need to tell why hes wearing green.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content